Friday, September 13, 2013

Fun With Road Signs

While running the Emerald City Half Marathon in Dublin, Ohio, in late August, I managed to pass the miles by reading the amusing signs spectators made to cheer on friends and family – and the funny signs that some runners wore themselves. (I love wearing my shirt that bears the phrase, “In my dreams, I am a Kenyan.” Translation: In my dreams when I run a marathon, I’m crossing the finish line in all my glory, still standing upright not hobbling, in a little more than two hours. The amazing Kenyan runner, Samuel Wanjiru, who won the Chicago Marathon when I ran it in both 2009 and 2010, finished in 2:05:41 and 2:06:23, respectively. Let’s just say, my time was more than double his time.

Some of my favorite signs from the race included ..click here for the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment