Monday, October 31, 2016

Jim's Journeys 3

Greetings from the road!  

What a fun couple of days traveling this great state!  There is nothing better than driving through the back roads of Virginia during the fall.  I headed out to Lynchburg last week and then took a trip down to Danville to see how everybody was doing.

Down in Lynchburg I stopped in at VDOT and met with Chris Winstead and Daphne Ashwell (see picture).  We had a productive meeting and hope to bring some classes down to the Lynchburg district office in the future!

I was also able to drop off gravel road construction guides to Public Works directors in Lynchburg, Martinsville and Danville.  If you need any other training, books or resources don’t hesitate to call our office, we’ll be glad to help.

Just a reminder- if you have a training room and would like to host one of our classes, please give Robin Carpenter a call!  She’d be more than happy to work with you on setting something up.  Her number is 434-982-2897.

If you weren’t in when I stopped by but you got an arm full of books and brochures and would like to talk about your training needs feel free to drop me a line (my email is below). 

Watch for information about when I’ll be traveling to your location. Or contact me at jwz9m@virginia.edu to schedule a visit.


I’m looking forward to seeing you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment